- Advocate for public policies and practices that promote healthy lifestyles and healthy communities.
- Apply best practices from the national AHEC network to address community health care issues and opportunities.
- Provide individuals and community groups with opportunities to learn about health care in ways that promote lifestyle changes.
- Promote interest in and knowledge of the health care field among elementary, middle, high school, and college students.
- Work cooperatively with community health and academic organizations to create programs that train students to work in health care professions that focus on underserved populations.
- Educate present and future providers of health care and their communities.
- Improve the populationâ€™s access to culturally competent providers of high quality health services.
- Increase the representation of ethnic and racial minorities in the health care professions.
- Increase access to quality primary and preventive health care for ethnic and racial minorities, and other underserved populations.
- Build the capacity of partner organizations through technical assistance in the areas of strategic planning, needs assessment, social research, resource identification, and program evaluation.
- Focus health care spending on areas that measurably improve the quality of care and provide preventive resources.
- Assess the health status and service needs of our communities.
- Link care providers and service agencies on collaborative initiatives to address identified needs.